How to Properly Wash Your Hookah Hose
August 29, 2019
Your hookah flavor doesn’t taste the same anymore? It’s probably time to wash your hose. Below are the four easy steps to properly wash your hookah hose!
Note: These instructions are for MYA washable hookah hoses only. Attempting to wash a non-washable hose can result in damage and rusting. If you are wondering if your hose is washable, please contact us.
What You’ll Need:
- Water (1 cup)
- Baking soda (2 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp) or 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- Hose brushes (a baby bottle cleaning brush works well as an alternative too)
- Remove the mouthpiece (if you have one) and run warm water through the hose to remove any particles that might be stuck in the hose. Make sure to hold the end of the hose that isn’t accepting the water over a sink or somewhere you can deposit the dirty water. The water can be straight from the tap or a pitcher.
- Make a mixture of 1 cup water, 2 tbsp baking soda, and 1 tbsp undiluted lemon juice concentrate (you can use 1 half lemon, freshly squeezed, in lieu of the concentrate). The baking soda and lemon juice will assist in naturally dislodging any particles and remove any interior stains from your hose. Using soap to clean the hose can leave behind chemicals and change the smell/taste when used. Please note that you can adjust the measurements to your preference – this is only our recommendation!
- This mixture can now be used on the inside and outside surface of your hose. To wash the inside, cover one of the hose openings with your thumb, then fill the hose halfway with the mixture. Hold it in and shake for a few minutes, then rinse it out. For the outside of the hose, use a paper towel with the solution and thoroughly wipe down the hose until desired results are achieved.
- Hang the hose to let out any water or liquid. Even a washable hose needs to be properly dried after washing to keep from damaging or rusting.